Dream codes — officially known as Dream Addresses — are 12-digit numbers with the prefix ‘DA’. They permit you to visit other players’ islands in your dreams and explore without the need for that player to ‘host’ you in any way, or worry that you’ll damage or steal anything.
How do you enter a dream address?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Go to your house and lay down in the bed.
- When the options come up, select ‘I want to sleep’
- Now choose ‘I want to dream’
- Make sure you are online.
- Enter the Dream Address Code of your choice.
- Now you will arrive there and you are free to explore!
How do dream addresses work?
To upload your island, tell her “I’d like to share a dream.” After connecting to the internet, she’ll give you a Dream Address code to share that’ll represent your island. Your Dream Address will appear on your passport and on your map, so don’t stress about recording it when she tells you the code at first.
What do dreams really look like?
Most dreams are predominantly visual, meaning that images are at the forefront of dreams, rather than other senses like smell or touch. While most people dream in color, some dreams are entirely in black and white. The less stressed you are, the more pleasant your dreams may be.
What do dreams in ACNH do?
What Can You Do on Dream Islands?
- View player passports.
- Talk to villagers and players.
- Enter villager and player homes.
- Save Shared Custom Designs.
- View Bulletin Board posts by players.
- Use Rescue Service.
- Report Dreams.
- Register Dream Islands to Your Favorites.
Do you need Nintendo online to dream in Animal Crossing?
Despite not being a form of active multiplayer, the Nintendo Switch Online subscription service is still required to visit other dream islands using the Dream Suite feature. Membership costs about $35 USD a year and you can find more details on how to subscribe here.