Adrian. Adrian is of Latin origin and means “sea” or “water.” It’s a short version of the name given to Adrianus or Hadrianus. Adrian draws its beginning and purpose from the Venetic and Illyrian word Adur.
What names mean sea or ocean?
Baby Names That Mean Ocean or Sea
- Haf: Icelandic for “ocean”
- Bahari: Swahili for “ocean”
- Dipsi: Ocean in the Bislama language.
- Samudra: Indonesian for “ocean”
- Tasi: Means “ocean” in the Chamorro language.
- Jaladri: Sudanese for “ocean”
- Okeanos: Ancient Greek for “ocean”
- Pelagic: Greek for “ocean”
What girl name means beautiful?
Bella (Latin, Greek, Portuguese origin) meaning “beautiful”, the name is associated with the famous American model, Bella Hadid.
Is Ocean a baby name?
Ocean is a nature name that comes right out and states its meaning and association. Full of power and depth, Ocean is rising in usage as a baby name, given to 116 baby girls and 166 baby boys in 2018. Oceane, the version that’s trendy in France, was used for only nine baby girls in the US in the same year.
What name means gift from God?
When looking for a name for a baby, some parents like to opt for names that mean ‘a gift from God’ and with good reason.
Names for Boys.
|Ataullah||Another Arabic name that means gift of God.|
|Attam||A gift from God|
|Avishai||A gift from God|
What name means Star of the sea?
Marin has Irish and Gaelic roots and means “star of the sea.” It’s a totally chic shorter version of Marina.
Is Ocean a girl name?
Ocean as a girl’s name is English, with roots in French and Latin. Ocean literally means “ocean”.
What is a good mermaid name?
Take a look at some of the beautiful mermaid names – we can absolutely see why parents love them.
- Ariel – The Little Mermaid.
- Ava – River goddess.
- Adella – Ariels older sister.
- Azalea – Mermaid statue in Norfolk, Virginia.
- Brizo – Greek goddess of sailors.
- Coralia – Mermaid name from an 18th-century ballet.